For two days, I was trying to find a bug in my code, because an assertion in the
code that uses
numpy.max was giving an error like ValueError: zero-size array
to reduction operation maximum which has no identity which didn't seem
I'm building a face recognizer with dlib's frontal face detector, and today, I noticed that some of the results return negative coordinates in face detection. This means the detected face is partial, although it's a bit a stretch to use negative coordinates for this.
My code wasn't checking for negative coordinates and was building the numpy
array incorrectly. But after reading the
issue, although I'm not convinced
that it's a good approach, I added a few
ifs and the problem is solved.